When setting up your customer table for the first time and tagging your columns you will find that there are two types of column tags for Shipping and Billing columns. The first type is a general tag, example "Billing Address" and is designed for tables that have the entirety of the customers address in a single column.
In contrast, standardized billing and shipping column tags are broken out to support a unique column per line that would be found in a customers address, example "Billing - State". Using the standardized format will ensure the user who adds new customers will follow the same format for every customer. Order exports will also gain the advantage of having the customers billing and shipping organized accordingly.
Standardized Column Tags
|Column Tag||Input||Column Tag||Input|
Billing - Address Line 1
|2552 Poplar Ave|
Shipping - Address Line 1
|6220 S Orange|
|Billing - Address Line 2||Suite 002|
Shipping - Address Line 2
|Billing - City||Memphis|
Shipping - City
Billing - State
Shipping - State
Billing - Postal Code
Shipping - Postal Code
|Billing - Country||US|
Shipping - Country
Converting from single column to multi-column
- Check if your customer table is updated via API on the integrations and connections tab found top center of the CMS. You may need to contact your IT team to perform an update to the file to support the new columns you intend to add
- Manually add the 12 new columns representing each column tag. The name of each column is up to you, but must be unique from one another.
- You can add these new columns with either excel or using the edit table function. How to Edit Table
- Be sure to Tag the columns appropriately. How to Column Tag
- Remove the previous single columns or switch their column tags to "Hidden / Unused"
If you currently have an API running that updates your customer table, perform steps 2-4 before updating your API file. This will help avoid any downtime with your automation. Also please notify AMP Staff should you wish to take advantage of the new fields for AMP order export.