Active AMP dealers have the ability to immediately apply for buyers access to shop your catalog. These requests will be stored under your Users / Locations tab, and the sub-tab Shop Requests. In this view you can immediately assign the dealer to a sales rep and price list before approving said access. Dealers can still be approved without making these selections, however their visibility on price will be open to any pricelist tagged as general in your product table. Also without tagging a rep, your sales team will not be able to see this new customer. You can also change your mind at a later date and move a customer between approved and rejected or the price/rep assigned to them.
There is also a place for customers to put information about their company to help you make the determination about approval or rejection; that lives under the "Additional Info" column:
- These Dealers can not see your catalog before being approved
- You do not need to assign the dealer a price to be approved
- You can reject the dealer request at any time
- You do not have to add these dealers to your customer table in AMP
- You can change who is notified of the dealer request as well as how often
- These buyers will NOT appear on your customer table - if you have an API you should manually add them to your table, and then reject the Shop request.
Preparing your database for Shop Requests
When your prospective buyers click on your company in the Shop Wall, they will see some information about you:
Your logo, phone number, address, and website will all come from the Change Profile section on your main page. The Master Categories, Categories, Shop Request Contact Email (used for buyers to ask questions about their pending request), and company description also live in that section, but must be filled in by an AMP staff member. Contact us at email@example.com to update your company's information today!
Shop Request Settings
Found under the AMP Products tab and sub-tab Shop Request you will find several settings for inbound shopping requests.